Welcome to our school
We are passionately committed to providing a high quality education for the children in our care so that every child does well here. As an inclusive school we aim to guide and support children so that they achieve their very best educationally, socially and physically in an environment that puts children’s needs at the top of the agenda and where parents feel confident that their children are safe and well cared for during their time with us.
J. Goddard Headteacher
School finishes today at 1.30pm. We hope you all enjoy the Easter break and look forward to welcoming you back on Tuesday 21st April.
On Saturday 21st March from 11.30am, Alban City School PTA will be holding a Spring Hop-Along at the school. The main event on the day is a Guinness World Record attempt which will take place at 12pm. We need at least 400 people of any age all hopping at the same time. For anyone who is unable to hop but would like to still be involved in the event, we need a number of independent stewards on the day so please let school know if you can volunteer. Once the Hop itself is over there will be lots of activities for all the family to enjoy, along with a delicious BBQ. We hope to see as many parents as possible along with their family and friends at this amazing event.
Yesterday we were very lucky to have a visit from British sprinter, Jodie Williams who led a special PE lesson in sprinting for our Year 2 classes. She then spent time with the children in a question and answer session and also gave pupils the opportunity to hold her Commonwealth and European medals. To mark the occasion we were also joined by Ian Braid from the British Athletes Commission and the Mayor of St. Albans Geoff Harrison.
Today saw the start of Book Week. A number of activities have been planned for the children to help promote the love of books and reading. We started with everyone coming to school dressed as their favourite book character which made for a very colourful assembly! Running alongside Book Week will be a Book Fair which will be held in the Community Room.
Happy New Year and welcome back. We hope that everyone has had a good break over the Christmas holidays and is looking forward to settling back into school routines.
Dates for your Diary
- 04 May 2015 - May Day Bank Holiday
- 25 May 2015 - Half Term
- 01 Jun 2015 - Occasional Day - Closed
- 22 Jul 2015 - End of Term
- Don't forget to come along to school from 11.30 today to welcome home Bessie Bear and 5 cyclists who have cycled... http://t.co/pbwtlxEmK9 2 days ago
- Over 500 hoppers at school today! Let's hope that means we broke the world record! Thanks for your support 1 month ago
- Come and join us for our Hop-along World Record Attempt on Saturday 21st March. Gates open at 11.30. World record... http://t.co/GATZSmeYEy 2 months ago
- GB sprinter visits our school to launch Athletes Direct. And gives some of the children a master class in... http://t.co/PlY3lN9XZo 3 months ago
- This week our year 2s received a master class from Team GB athlete Jodie Peters... http://t.co/WizUNl5xtM 3 months ago