Welcome to our school
We are passionately committed to providing a high quality education for the children in our care so that every child does well here. As an inclusive school we aim to guide and support children so that they achieve their very best educationally, socially and physically in an environment that puts children’s needs at the top of the agenda and where parents feel confident that their children are safe and well cared for during their time with us.
J. Goddard Headteacher
Yesterday we were very lucky to have a visit from British sprinter, Jodie Williams who led a special PE lesson in sprinting for our Year 2 classes. She then spent time with the children in a question and answer session and also gave pupils the opportunity to hold her Commonwealth and European medals. To mark the occasion we were also joined by Ian Braid from the British Athletes Commission and the Mayor of St. Albans Geoff Harrison.
Today saw the start of Book Week. A number of activities have been planned for the children to help promote the love of books and reading. We started with everyone coming to school dressed as their favourite book character which made for a very colourful assembly! Running alongside Book Week will be a Book Fair which will be held in the Community Room.
Happy New Year and welcome back. We hope that everyone has had a good break over the Christmas holidays and is looking forward to settling back into school routines.
We would like to wish our children, their families and all our staff and helpers a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year. We hope you have a restful and relaxing break and we look forward to welcoming the children back to school on Tuesday 6th January 2015.
The countdown to Christmas started with our Christmas Fair. Thank you to everyone who played a part in making it such a success on the day, all your efforts are very much appreciated whether organising, setting up, helping to run a stall, or clearing away at the end of a very long day! The Fair raised £1700 plus we will receive an additional £920 from Barclays Bank for match funding some of the stalls. Thank you to Barclays for their support.
Dates for your Diary
- 02 Apr 2015 - End of Term
- 20 Apr 2015 - Inset Day - School Closed
- 21 Apr 2015 - Start of Summer Term
- 04 May 2015 - May Day Bank Holiday
- 25 May 2015 - Half Term
- 01 Jun 2015 - Occasional Day - Closed
- 22 Jul 2015 - End of Term
- GB sprinter visits our school to launch Athletes Direct. And gives some of the children a master class in... http://t.co/PlY3lN9XZo 4 weeks ago
- This week our year 2s received a master class from Team GB athlete Jodie Peters... http://t.co/WizUNl5xtM 4 weeks ago
- Come along to our Christmas Fair! 2pm-4pm Saturday 29th November http://t.co/7VJiGr5GCL 3 months ago
- And we're famous again! The school featured on BBC's the One Show supporting #teamrickshaw for Children in Need... http://t.co/LJ7Ob70E2E 3 months ago
- It's official! OFSTED say we're 'Good' with Outstanding Leadership & Management and Behaviour!... http://t.co/JrlK3p9n7j 11 months ago