Welcome to our school
We are passionately committed to providing a high quality education for the children in our care so that every child does well here. As an inclusive school we aim to guide and support children so that they achieve their very best educationally, socially and physically in an environment that puts children’s needs at the top of the agenda and where parents feel confident that their children are safe and well cared for during their time with us.
J. Goddard Headteacher
Over the holidays, work has progressed well on the playground development. As expected, the first half of the playground will be completed for the start of term and work will then begin on the sports pitch. Here are a couple of pictures to show you how much things have changed in six weeks!
We look forward to welcoming you all back on Monday for the start of the new school year.
Last Friday we held a charity scooter wash in support of Action Medical Research who help sick and disabled children. Action Medical Research is Paddington Bear’s favourite charity and he paid school a very special visit. As well as bringing their favourite bear to school to meet Paddington, the children also brought their scooters to school and helped a team of volunteers wash them. The total amount raised on the day was £428. Thank you to everyone for supporting this event by organising, donating and volunteering.
We are pleased to announce that the planning application for the demolition of the Pemberton Building and the creation of a multipurpose games area and increased play space has been approved by St Albans District Council. Work will commence later in the year once all planning pre-requisites and conditions have been met.
The school are looking forward to having an outdoor sports facility alongside an imaginative and high quality playground.
Linda Crawley, the lead proposer, founder and current Chair of Governors for Alban City School was recognised for her services to education during an investiture ceremony at Windsor Castle, Berkshire on Tuesday 8th December.
“I am delighted to receive such an accolade for something I enjoy and I am passionate about. This award is not just for me but for the teams I have been fortunate enough to work with. I continue to be excited about ensuring every child receives a high quality and well-rounded education.” said Mrs Crawley.
Dates for your Diary
- 24 Oct 2016 - Half Term
- 31 Oct 2016 - Inset Day
- 21 Dec 2016 - End of Term
- 05 Jan 2017 - Start of Spring Term
- 13 Feb 2017 - Half Term
- 31 Mar 2017 - End of Term
- 18 Apr 2017 - Start of Summer Term
- 01 May 2017 - May Day Bank Holiday
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 3 weeks ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 3 months ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 8 months ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 10 months ago
- The school has submitted a planning application for a Multi Use Games area to increase outdoor learning and play... http://t.co/UyLPfdGfyG 1 year ago