Welcome to our school
We are passionately committed to providing a high quality education for the children in our care so that every child does well here. As an inclusive school we aim to guide and support children so that they achieve their very best educationally, socially and physically in an environment that puts children’s needs at the top of the agenda and where parents feel confident that their children are safe and well cared for during their time with us.
J. Goddard Headteacher
All the staff at Alban City School would like to thank you all for once again nominating us as Primary School of the Year. We are honoured to have made finalists and really appreciate the time you have given towards making the nominations. We are all proud of our pupils and the school community that we are so lucky to work within. Thank you for your continued support.
Last week supported by our parents and the local community we held our third International Week. With a ‘Food’ theme, children took part in workshops within school and in some of our local shops and restaurants to learn about, taste and cook foods from different countries. The week was rounded off with a ‘Food Court’ in the school hall for the children to share with their parents samples of foods from the many countries represented. Thank you to everyone who helped make the week such a success.
We are pleased to let you know that we have been awarded the Eco Schools bronze award for our work on sustainability with the children. We are now working towards the next level of the programme and working towards the silver standard. We have started the year by working on a waste project where we are weighing the food waste during the lunch session every day this week. We will then be using this information for learning activities with the children and later in the term will repeat the food weighing exercise again to see if we have made a difference.
Following our recent elections, each class now has two eco reps who along with staff, parent and governor representatives will make up our eco committee. Our new committee will meet half termly to discuss how we can work to bring about change to the environment and increase knowledge. We are working towards achieving the bronze level award in the Eco Schools programme. These are our newly elected eco reps.
Dates for your Diary
- 01 Sep 2017 - Term Dates 2017/18 in School Calendar, Office hyperlink
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 3 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 12 months ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 1 year ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago