Welcome to our school
We are passionately committed to providing a high quality education for the children in our care so that every child does well here. As an inclusive school we aim to guide and support children so that they achieve their very best educationally, socially and physically in an environment that puts children’s needs at the top of the agenda and where parents feel confident that their children are safe and well cared for during their time with us.
J. Goddard Headteacher
School will be closed on Monday 11th December. The decision has been made this evening as a number of staff are unable to get into school due to the heavy snow and as more is forecast for this evening. School will reopen as normal on Tuesday 12th December unless we notify you otherwise.
Last week we received a letter from the Rt Hon Nick Gibb MP, Minister of State for School Standards. It is to congratulate us on our outstanding achievement in the 2017 phonics screening check with 95% of pupils reaching or exceeding the pass mark. This places Alban City School in the top 8% of all primary schools in the country. Please do have a read, we are very pleased to have received this recognition. Rt Hon Nick Gibb MP letter 11.2017
All the staff at Alban City School would like to thank you all for once again nominating us as Primary School of the Year. We are honoured to have made finalists and really appreciate the time you have given towards making the nominations. We are all proud of our pupils and the school community that we are so lucky to work within. Thank you for your continued support.
Last week supported by our parents and the local community we held our third International Week. With a ‘Food’ theme, children took part in workshops within school and in some of our local shops and restaurants to learn about, taste and cook foods from different countries. The week was rounded off with a ‘Food Court’ in the school hall for the children to share with their parents samples of foods from the many countries represented. Thank you to everyone who helped make the week such a success.
We are pleased to let you know that we have been awarded the Eco Schools bronze award for our work on sustainability with the children. We are now working towards the next level of the programme and working towards the silver standard. We have started the year by working on a waste project where we are weighing the food waste during the lunch session every day this week. We will then be using this information for learning activities with the children and later in the term will repeat the food weighing exercise again to see if we have made a difference.
Dates for your Diary
- 19 Dec 2017 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 03 Jan 2018 - Inset Day
- 04 Jan 2018 - Start of Spring Term
- 12 Feb 2018 - Half Term
- 29 Mar 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 16 Apr 2018 - Inset Day
- 17 Apr 2018 - Start of Summer Term
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 7 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 1 year ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 1 year ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago