Welcome to our school
We are passionately committed to providing a high quality education for the children in our care so that every child does well here. As an inclusive school we aim to guide and support children so that they achieve their very best educationally, socially and physically in an environment that puts children’s needs at the top of the agenda and where parents feel confident that their children are safe and well cared for during their time with us.
J. Goddard Headteacher
For parents with children due to start school in September 2015 the application process with Hertfordshire County Council opens on 10th November 2014. We have scheduled a number of tour dates for prospective parents to come and view the school. The dates are listed on the Admissions section of our website which is under the Office hyperlink at the top of this page. If you would like to book a place on one of the scheduled tours please call the school office on 01727 860304.
Welcome to the new children and families who have joined us this term. The children have been getting used to the routines of the school day with their new teachers and today the remainder of our Reception children have started in Apple and Lime classes and are settling well in their new classes.
Sports Day will be this Wednesday 16th July at 11am (if the weather is wet it will be held on Friday instead). The children will walk to the St. Albans High School for Girls playing field which is off Townsend Drive. If parents are able to attend they should meet us at the field where activities will start at 11am and this will be followed by a picnic lunch. Parents will be able to sign their child out after lunch if they wish to take them straight home, otherwise children will walk back to school for the remainder of the afternoon.
Thank you to our PTA for organising Saturday’s Summer Fair on what was a glorious day. Our thanks also to the many volunteers who gave their time on the day either helping to set up, run a stall or clear up afterwards. The PTA estimate that the Fair raised in the region of £2000 for school funds so we would like to thank everyone involved for their support.
Dates for your Diary
- 27 Oct 2014 - Half Term
- 03 Nov 2014 - Inset Day
- 19 Dec 2014 - End of Term
- 05 Jan 2015 - Inset Day
- 06 Jan 2015 - Start of Spring Term
- 16 Feb 2015 - Half Term
- 23 Feb 2015 - Inset Day
- 02 Apr 2015 - End of Term
- It's official! OFSTED say we're 'Good' with Outstanding Leadership & Management and Behaviour!... http://t.co/JrlK3p9n7j 6 months ago
- RT @MapleSchoolYr1: We visited Alban City School. We listened to a lovely story, in a story tent. @albancityschool http://t.co/1AXfJPuspx 10 months ago retweeted via MapleSchoolYr1
- https://t.co/q26GwvNnN7 http://t.co/YeTcJMz3Tz 1 year ago
- RT @Review_Eagle: The wait is over for @albancityschool's official opening #StAlbans http://t.co/0ZuKkOdgEG 2 years ago retweeted via Review_Eagle
- Alban City School will be celebrating it's Official Opening on Wednesday 13th March. 2 years ago