Archive | September, 2014
Week beginning 8th September 2014: Signs and Symbols: Walk around your home and local area to find signs and symbols. Find 3 signs or symbols, draw them and explain what they are for.
Week beginning 15th September 2014: Maths: Create a treasure map. Explain the route to the treasure using positional language or coordinates.( up, left, right, down)
Week beginning 22nd September 2014: Phonics: This week we are learning about the vowel sound e (ee, ea, y, e_e). How many alien names can you create using your sounds?
Week beginning 29th September 2014: Maths: Using a set of weighing scales, weigh different items from around the home and record into your book. Bake a cake with your child. Measuring the ingredients together. Miss Burke and Miss Hind are happy to taste test……..
Week beginning 6th October 2014: Citizenship and Ethics: This week we have been looking at our class rules and deciding if we are following them. Can you make your own set of rules for when you are at home?
Week beginning 13th October 2014: Science and Technology: Pushes and Pulls. Can you sort objects from home that you push and pull. Record into book using pictures and labels.
Do not hand in homework journals until Monday 20th October. We will collect all six weeks in on that date.
Welcome back everybody! Homework for Scarlet and Crimson will be posted in this area each half term.
Dates for your Diary
- 31 Mar 2017 - End of Term
- 18 Apr 2017 - Start of Summer Term
- 01 May 2017 - May Day Bank Holiday
- 29 May 2017 - Half Term
- 05 Jun 2017 - Inset Day
- 21 Jul 2017 - End of Term
- 24 Jul 2017 - Occasional Day - School Closed
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 7 months ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 9 months ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 1 year ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 1 year ago
- The school has submitted a planning application for a Multi Use Games area to increase outdoor learning and play... http://t.co/UyLPfdGfyG 2 years ago