Archive | January, 2016
Homework will be posted on the blog every half term showing you the day it will be discussed with the children and the task. Each task will relate to an objective covered during the week.
This term we would like the children to work on their spellings of the high frequency words. Lists have been given out but further copies can be obtained from the teachers.
Friday 8th January 2016: Our topic this term is Rainforests. Using the internet or a non-fiction book, find out about an animal that lives in the rainforest, including the type of food that they eat.
Friday 15th January 2016: In Maths we are learning to measure in cm using a ruler. See if you can measure some of the objects in your house and record your findings. As a challenge see if you can accurately draw lines with a ruler and label them with their length.
Friday 22nd January 2016: In English we are looking at features of a non-fiction text. Choose a non-fiction book and write down the features you can find in the book. These may include: Contents page, Index, Glossary, headings, sub-headings, bold print, diagrams, pictures, labels and captions.
Friday 29th January 2016: In Maths we are working on addition and subtraction. Write some number sentences and show your working out.
Please bring the homework books back on Friday 5th February 2016 to be marked.
Dates for your Diary
- 31 Mar 2017 - End of Term
- 18 Apr 2017 - Start of Summer Term
- 01 May 2017 - May Day Bank Holiday
- 29 May 2017 - Half Term
- 05 Jun 2017 - Inset Day
- 21 Jul 2017 - End of Term
- 24 Jul 2017 - Occasional Day - School Closed
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 7 months ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 9 months ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 1 year ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 1 year ago
- The school has submitted a planning application for a Multi Use Games area to increase outdoor learning and play... http://t.co/UyLPfdGfyG 2 years ago