Archive | February, 2016
Homework will be posted on the blog every half term showing you the day it will be discussed with the children and the task. This half term there are a mixture of tasks related to the children’s learning that week or skills that they need to be practising.
Practise writing numbers in words to 100 or beyond.
e.g. 6 six 17 seventeen 24 twenty four 156 one hundred and fifty six
Extension: Write 3 one digit numbers, 3 two digit numbers and 3 three digit numbers.
Write a sentence from your reading books. Underline any nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs. You could colour code them for example: Nouns-red, verbs- green, adjectives-blue and adverbs-yellow.
Floppy swam quickly in the rough sea to save his friends.
Count in steps of 2, 5, 10 and 3
Write some multiplication and division number sentences and show your working out. Here are some examples:
2 x 5 = 3×3= 4×10= 5×5= 8×2=
12 ÷ 3 = 15 ÷ 5 = 50 ÷ 10 = 24 ÷ 2= 10÷2=
You could show your working by drawing arrays or a number line.
Write a number of different types of sentences:
A command – Put your coat on. (The verb is found at the beginning of the sentence.)
A statement – An elephant has a trunk and tusks. (Facts and information)
A question – What does a Macaw eat? (Starts with a question word)
An exclamation – That’s hot! (To emphasise an emotion)
Work on Year 2 spelling patterns. Root words ending with the suffixes: ly, ness, less, ment, ful
e.g. quick – quickly still – stillness home – homeless content – contentment care – careful
Practise adding and taking away 2 digit numbers e.g. 24 + 17 = 28- 15=
Please bring the homework books back on Tuesday 22nd March 2016 to be marked.
Dates for your Diary
- 21 Jul 2017 - End of Term
- 24 Jul 2017 - Occasional Day - School Closed
- 01 Sep 2017 - Term Dates 2017/18 in School Calendar, Office hyperlink
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 month ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 10 months ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 1 year ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 1 year ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago