Archive | April, 2016
Homework will be posted on the blog every half term showing you the day it will be discussed with the children and the task.
Children are expected to read at home on a daily basis and practise their spellings from the spelling lists that have been provided.
Friday 22nd April 2016:
Exclamation marks can be used in different sentences to show expression. However, exclamation sentences start with what and how, for example:
What big eyes you have Grandma!
How hot it is today!
Write your own examples of exclamation sentences. You may be able to spot some in your reading book or you can make your own up.
Friday 29th April 2016
Find out information about South America. You might like to find out about food, clothing, population, names of countries and capital cities, special places etc…
Friday 6th May 201
Giving change in maths
You buy sweets for 12p
How much change do you get from 20p?
You buy a pen for 26p
How much change do you get from 50p?
You buy a drink for 72p
How much change do you get from £1?
You could play shops at home, practising paying and giving change or go to the shops with your parents and pay for items.
Friday 13th May 2016
Choose a plant in your garden or near your house. Find out the name of the plant. Look carefully at its shape and colour. Then draw it in your book.
Please bring the homework books back on Friday 20th May
Dates for your Diary
- 31 Mar 2017 - End of Term
- 18 Apr 2017 - Start of Summer Term
- 01 May 2017 - May Day Bank Holiday
- 29 May 2017 - Half Term
- 05 Jun 2017 - Inset Day
- 21 Jul 2017 - End of Term
- 24 Jul 2017 - Occasional Day - School Closed
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 7 months ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 9 months ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 1 year ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 1 year ago
- The school has submitted a planning application for a Multi Use Games area to increase outdoor learning and play... http://t.co/UyLPfdGfyG 2 years ago