Archive | November, 2016
Homework will be posted on the blog every half term showing you the day it will be discussed with the children and the task. Each task will relate to an objective covered during the week.
Friday 4th November 2016: Practise writing these words; oh, looked, Mrs, called, Mr, people, their, could, asked, putting them into a sentence when you feel confident. Remember to join some of your letters. A good method to use is ‘look, say, cover, write, check’.
Friday 11th November 2016: We have started to find out about Grace Darling and children used the internet to help them complete their own research. What else can you find out? You can use the internet or non-fiction books.
Friday 18th November 2016: In Maths we have been looking at using repeated subtraction and arrays to divide. However other possible methods can include drawings or sharing objects such as sweets or raisins.
Find as many ways as you can, to divide the numbers 12, 20 and 15 equally.
Friday 25th November 2016: Last week in English we looked at apostrophes. Read a book and list the words that use an apostrophe. Extension: Sort the words into those that use the apostrophe for contraction (do not = don’t) or possession (Hannah’s ball).
Friday 2nd December 2016: Next week in Maths we will be looking at time. To prepare for this practise writing the days of the week thinking about spelling and making sure it starts with a capital letter. You could extend further by writing a sentence about each day of the week.
Please bring the homework books back on the week beginning of the 5th December 2016 to be marked.
Dates for your Diary
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- 04 Jun 2018 - Insert Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 11 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago