Archive | January, 2017
Homework will be posted on the blog every half term showing you the day it will be discussed with the children and the task. Each task will relate to an objective covered during the week.
This term we would like the children to work on their spellings of the common exception words. Lists have been given out but further copies can be obtained from the teachers.
Friday 13th January 2017: In Maths we are learning to measure in cm using a ruler. See if you can measure some of the objects in your house and record your findings. As a challenge see if you can accurately draw lines with a ruler and label them with their length.
Friday 20th January 2017: Our topic this term is Rainforests. Using the internet or a non-fiction book, find out about an animal that lives in the rainforest, including the type of food that they eat.
Friday 27th January 2017: In English we are looking at features of a non-fiction text. Choose a non-fiction book and write down the features you can find in the book. These may include: Contents page, Index, Glossary, headings, sub-headings, bold print, diagrams, pictures, labels and captions.
Friday 3rd February 2017: In Maths we are working on addition and subtraction. Write some number sentences and show your working out.
Please bring the homework books back week beginning 6th February 2017 to be marked.
Dates for your Diary
- 21 Jul 2017 - End of Term
- 24 Jul 2017 - Occasional Day - School Closed
- 01 Sep 2017 - Term Dates 2017/18 in School Calendar, Office hyperlink
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 month ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 10 months ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 1 year ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 1 year ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago