Archive | July, 2018
Year 5 have been working hard with the new Spelling Shed! It is so pleasing to see the children excited.
The spelling rule -cious has been our focus this week. When the root word ends in ‘ce’ like ‘space’, we usually drop the ‘e’ and put ‘ious’. Some children have also been given extra lists to practice based on errors seen in their writing.
Maths homework was given today. The children will need to use their fraction equivalence knowledge to help add and subtract within these problems. This is due back on Wednesday 18th July.
Remember, the Summer Reading Challenge starts tomorrow! If you are not yet a member of a library, you can join for free. They have books, audiobooks and e-books ready for downloading to help you get started.
On Friday, Year 5 children were given their Spelling Shed usernames and passwords.
Spelling Shed is an interactive spelling tool that encourages the children to practise their spellings. Teachers can set homework as well as spelling lists that are personal to your child. Year 5 are trialling this tool for the next 2 weeks.
Spelling Shed can be accessed via a PC, laptop or tablet for free. Visit hub.spellingshed.com to play. If your child has lost their username or password, please speak to your child’s class teacher who can remind you.
This week’s homework is to practise the words given on Spelling Shed (the -ious rule and causal conjunctions).
It would be great to have some child and parent feedback about the Spelling Shed tool.
Maths homework was given on Friday 29th July.
This is to be given back on Wednesday 4th July along with the completed world cup homework.
To reinforce the children’s learning about fraction of numbers, the children were given a range of questions including finding fractions of numbers as well as those in word problems.
Dates for your Diary
- 17 Jul 2018 - Sports Day
- 19 Jul 2018 - Reserve Sports Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 year ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 3 years ago