3D Shapes here, there and everywhere!
This week we have been learning about 3D shapes in Maths. We sorted a variety of 3D shapes by their properties such as curved/straight edges and we are going on a 3D shape around school to see which 3D shapes we can find in the environment. We are beginning to notice that 3D shapes can be found everywhere! In Literacy the children have loved our focus text ‘Where The Wild Things Are’. We have written our own versions of our story and are working towards extending our writing. In music this week we read a Pirate story and used instruments to create sound effects such as a tambourine for splashing in the water.
About Miss Jackson
Dates for your Diary
- 17 Jan 2019 - PTA AGM
- 24 Jan 2019 - Book Fair
- 05 Feb 2019 - Year One Concert
- 08 Feb 2019 - PTA Comedy Night
- 11 Feb 2019 - Parent/Teacher Evening
- 13 Feb 2019 - Parent/Teacher Evening
- 18 Feb 2019 - Half Term Begins
- 15 Mar 2019 - Phase 2 & 3 Film Night