The Three Little Pigs
The last two weeks we have been reading and responding to the story of ‘The Three Little Pigs.’ We have responded to the story in a variety of ways including selecting materials in our outdoor area to build the strongest house and retelling the story with our friends using masks and small world animals. In maths we have been sorting 2D shapes into shapes with curved/straight sides. We are beginning to describe shape properties.
We are really impressed with the children’s descriptive language when describing parts of the story, however we have noticed that they have needed a lot of support with their use of story language for example time words. The children need to be able to tell a complete story with a beginning, middle and end.
Sounds taught so far: s,a,t,p,i,n,m,d,g,o
Story next week: Little Red Riding Hood
About Miss Jackson
Dates for your Diary
- 17 Jul 2018 - Sports Day
- 19 Jul 2018 - Reserve Sports Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 year ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 3 years ago