The government has allocated a specific grant to every school, called Pupil Premium. The Government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) and their wealthier peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most. In 2016 -2017 our Pupil Premium allocation was £26,650.
The funding was used to employ a SENCO, Learning Support Assistants and Teaching Assistants who supported children in class and delivered small group and one to one interventions. Funding was also used to purchase equipment and resources to support interventions and to support families with the purchase of school uniform, trips and outings and after school activities.
The interventions focussed on phonics, tricky words, early literacy skills, speaking and listening activities, maths, social and emotional and behavior support.
The impact on this identified group of children is as follows:
- All children have made progress in Literacy and Maths.
- All children now know an increasing number of their letter sounds and an increasing range of tricky words.
- Several children entered school with very little English language. The speaking and listening focus groups have aided their language acquisition.
- A group of children have benefited from social and emotional support which has enabled them to access the curriculum more readily.
For 2017/18 our Pupil Premium allocation will be £29,620
Sport Premium Funding
We are delighted to see that the Government will continue investment in the Primary PE and Sport Premium, as announced in December 2015 through ‘Sporting Future: A New Strategy for an Active Nation.’ The provision of the ring fenced funding, specifically to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport schools offer, demonstrates the importance placed on PE and school sport and this is something we very much support.
The funding is allocated to each school and is dependent on their number of pupils.
For 2017/18 our Sports premium will be £18,300.
Alban City School aims to:
- Engage all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- Raise the profile of PE and sport across the school.
- Increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Offer children a broader experience of a range of sports and activities.
- We have allocated the funding in a number of ways:
- Provision of sports coaches.
- Training for both teaching and support staff.
- Additional resources for both the PE curriculum and for lunchtime activities.
- Provision of after school sporting activities and clubs.
- What is the impact of the funding so far?
- Sports coaches have been working with all classes every week. Teachers and Teaching Assistants work alongside coaches to develop their own personal knowledge and expertise. The expertise that has developed will ensure sustainability for PE and sports participation in the future.
- Teachers and support staff have attended training on health and safety in PE, supporting in PE lessons and playground games.
- Additional sports equipment has been purchased for lunchtimes to encourage children to be active in their play.
- We have been able to subsidise the swimming programme.
- A wide range of after school sports clubs have been provided for the children.
Dates for your Diary
- 12 Feb 2018 - Half Term
- 29 Mar 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 16 Apr 2018 - Inset Day
- 17 Apr 2018 - Start of Summer Term
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- 04 Jun 2018 - Insert Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 8 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 1 year ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago