The government has allocated a specific grant to every school, called Pupil Premium. The Government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) and their wealthier peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most. In 2017 -2018 our Pupil Premium allocation was £29,620.
The funding was used to employ a SENCO, Learning Support Assistants and Teaching Assistants who supported children in class and delivered small group and one to one interventions. Funding was also used to purchase equipment and resources to support interventions and to support families with the purchase of school uniform, trips and outings and after school activities.
The interventions focussed on phonics, tricky words, early literacy skills, speaking and listening activities, maths, social and emotional and behavior support.
The impact on this identified group of children is as follows:
- Most children make progress in English and Maths with some children exceeding progress targets.
- 100% pass rate for the Year 1 Phonics Screening.
- Improvements in handwriting using the Smart Moves intervention.
- All children now know an increasing number of their letter sounds and an increasing range of tricky words.
- Children have been able to participate in extra curricular activities that they would not have otherwise enjoyed. This has had a positive impact on self-esteem and wellbeing.
For 2018/19 our Pupil Premium allocation will be £37,940
Sport Premium Funding
We are delighted to see that the Government will continue investment in the Primary PE and Sport Premium, as announced in December 2015 through ‘Sporting Future: A New Strategy for an Active Nation.’ The provision of the ring fenced funding, specifically to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport schools offer, demonstrates the importance placed on PE and school sport and this is something we very much support.
The funding is allocated to each school and is dependent on their number of pupils.
For 2018/19 our Sports premium will be £18,880. The breakdown of how the funding is to be spent is in the attached document:
Dates for your Diary
- 17 Jan 2019 - PTA AGM
- 24 Jan 2019 - Book Fair
- 05 Feb 2019 - Year One Concert
- 08 Feb 2019 - PTA Comedy Night
- 11 Feb 2019 - Parent/Teacher Evening
- 13 Feb 2019 - Parent/Teacher Evening
- 18 Feb 2019 - Half Term Begins
- 15 Mar 2019 - Phase 2 & 3 Film Night