Who We Are
Residents of St Albans have long been aware of the need for a new primary school in the city centre. As the Government has indicated that all new schools are expected to be free schools or academies, our group has worked closely with Hertfordshire County Council to set up a school on the former School of Law site in Hatfield Road.
On the 10th of October 2011 the Government approved our application to open a new school. A formal agreement with the Department of Education has subsequently been signed.
Alban City School is a state funded Free School for primary aged children. Our school opened in September 2012 with two Reception classes. Two more classes are to be added each subsequent year until full capacity is attained in 2018.
The school warmly welcome children aged 4–11 years old of all abilities, faiths, social and cultural backgrounds. Any parent can apply for a place for their child at our school.
For further information about Free Schools: www.newschoolsnetwork.org
Dates for your Diary
- 29 May 2017 - Half Term
- 05 Jun 2017 - Inset Day
- 21 Jul 2017 - End of Term
- 24 Jul 2017 - Occasional Day - School Closed
- 01 Sep 2017 - Term Dates 2017/18 in School Calendar, Office hyperlink
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 week ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 9 months ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 11 months ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 1 year ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 1 year ago