Alan Sugar and Dragons!
During this half term we may find ourselves a developing mini Alan Sugar. In teams, the children began the process of designing a new biscuit business. So far, they’ve created a name, a logo and target audience for their new biscuit. This is to help the children learn about the terms loan, interest, income and expenditure. Each week the businesses will face a new challenge to overcome and will have to make some difficult decisions. Watch out McVitie’s!
This week, the classes have begun reading How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell, who has also recently written the terrific and magical ‘The Wizards of Once’. They’ve analysed the changing perception of the main character Hiccup and described their own dragon. Finally, the children summarised the story through pictures.
In maths, the children have been developing their confidence of using and talking about decimals. We have played games to help us: become fluent in using the vocabulary (tenths, hundredths and thousandths); order numbers up to 3 decimal places and compare them.
Homework was sent home today and should be returned for Thursday 16th November.
About Mr Bushell
Dates for your Diary
- 17 May 2018 - SRE Information Meeting for Parents
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- 04 Jun 2018 - Inset Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 year ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago