Ancient Egyptians and geometry
Welcome back to the new summer term.
Our topic this term is the Ancient Egyptians and in English we have begun by reading ‘The Scarab’s Secret’ by Nick Would. It is a delightful text which lends itself to many literacy activities and today the children especially enjoyed taking part in drama to retell the story.
In Maths, we have revisited perimeter of shapes and used our measuring skills to calculate the perimeter of various parts of the school playground!
Quick reminder: Homework is due back next Wednesday 26th April.
Have a good weekend.
About Miss Burke
Dates for your Diary
- 17 Jul 2018 - Sports Day
- 19 Jul 2018 - Reserve Sports Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 year ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 3 years ago