Ancient Egyptians and geometry
Welcome back to the new summer term.
Our topic this term is the Ancient Egyptians and in English we have begun by reading ‘The Scarab’s Secret’ by Nick Would. It is a delightful text which lends itself to many literacy activities and today the children especially enjoyed taking part in drama to retell the story.
In Maths, we have revisited perimeter of shapes and used our measuring skills to calculate the perimeter of various parts of the school playground!
Quick reminder: Homework is due back next Wednesday 26th April.
Have a good weekend.
About Miss Burke
Dates for your Diary
- 23 Oct 2017 - Half Term
- 30 Oct 2017 - Inset Day
- 19 Dec 2017 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 03 Jan 2018 - Inset Day
- 04 Jan 2018 - Start of Spring Term
- 12 Feb 2018 - Half Term
- 29 Mar 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 16 Apr 2018 - Inset Day
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 5 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 1 year ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 1 year ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago