Ancient Egyptians and geometry
Welcome back to the new summer term.
Our topic this term is the Ancient Egyptians and in English we have begun by reading ‘The Scarab’s Secret’ by Nick Would. It is a delightful text which lends itself to many literacy activities and today the children especially enjoyed taking part in drama to retell the story.
In Maths, we have revisited perimeter of shapes and used our measuring skills to calculate the perimeter of various parts of the school playground!
Quick reminder: Homework is due back next Wednesday 26th April.
Have a good weekend.
About Miss Burke
Dates for your Diary
- 17 Jan 2019 - PTA AGM
- 24 Jan 2019 - Book Fair
- 05 Feb 2019 - Year One Concert
- 08 Feb 2019 - PTA Comedy Night
- 11 Feb 2019 - Parent/Teacher Evening
- 13 Feb 2019 - Parent/Teacher Evening
- 18 Feb 2019 - Half Term Begins
- 15 Mar 2019 - Phase 2 & 3 Film Night