About Miss Mawhood
Author Archive | Miss Mawhood
In Literacy we have been planning a story. We then focussed on writing the beginning of our story; using adjectives to describe the setting and the characters. In Maths we have been finding equivalent totals using the dominos. In Science we looked at Esafety and how to keep personal information safe.
We had a visit from The Big Bad Wolf but our school was too strong to blow down! We have been reading ‘The True Story of The Three Little Pigs’; we became the wolf to write diary entries. We have been investigating scaling using repeated addition and multiplication. . We did observational drawings from the window.
In Maths we have been looking at multiplication through repeated addition. In Literacy we have been writing rhyming poems about our homes. We used charcoal to create different buildings from around the world. We have been preparing for the Phonics Screener; the sounds/spellings we focussed on this week: aw, air, ie, ue and split digraphs.
As it is Sustainable Week we have been planting beans, tomatoes and peas in recycled pots. In Maths we have been sharing equal and unequal amounts. In Literacy we have been gathering language in preparation for writing our stories. We created our bedrooms in the style of Van Gogh. We used the laptops to present data using tally charts, bar charts and pictograms.
In Maths we have been exploring different ways of measuring. We used a ruler to measure the length of objects. We used the scales to measure with non-standard and standard units of measure. In Literacy we have been preparing to write our own stories; we gathered language and created story maps. Our topic this term is Houses and Homes.
Next week is Sustainable St Albans Week! Please bring in plastic pots (e.g. yogurt pots, plastic tubs) for us to plant with.
Dates for your Diary
- 17 Jul 2018 - Sports Day
- 19 Jul 2018 - Reserve Sports Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 year ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 3 years ago