About Miss Mawhood
Author Archive | Miss Mawhood
In Maths we explored the properties of 3d shapes. In Literacy we have been writing a narrative for an imagination clip. We looked at different homes from around the World. On Tuesday we had great fun participating in Sports activities.
In Literacy we have been retelling the story of ‘Goldilocks and the Three Bears’. In Maths we have been using different methods to solve addition and subtraction number sentences. We used Google Earth to explore homes from around the World. We discussed what we are good at and what we have achieved.
We had such a fun day at the Zoo. We saw lots of animals, learnt about their habitats and explored the World of Dinosaurs. We were so impressed with the children’s behaviour.
This week we have been writing facts that we gathered from our trip and we have been writing letters. In Maths we found ½ and ¼ of an amount.
In Literacy we have been continuing our story writing. In Maths we have been solving fractions. We looked at homes from around the World. In Phonics we have been reading and writing the tricky words.
Year One trip tomorrow: Please remember to put sun cream on and to bring a packed lunch! Children are allowed to wear comfortable shoes e.g. trainers.
In Literacy we have been planning a story. We then focussed on writing the beginning of our story; using adjectives to describe the setting and the characters. In Maths we have been finding equivalent totals using the dominos. In Science we looked at Esafety and how to keep personal information safe.
We had a visit from The Big Bad Wolf but our school was too strong to blow down! We have been reading ‘The True Story of The Three Little Pigs’; we became the wolf to write diary entries. We have been investigating scaling using repeated addition and multiplication. . We did observational drawings from the window.
In Maths we have been looking at multiplication through repeated addition. In Literacy we have been writing rhyming poems about our homes. We used charcoal to create different buildings from around the world. We have been preparing for the Phonics Screener; the sounds/spellings we focussed on this week: aw, air, ie, ue and split digraphs.
Dates for your Diary
- No events to show
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 year ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 3 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 3 years ago