Autumn (term 1) homework – Year 2
Homework will be posted on the blog every half term showing you the day it will be discussed with the children. Each task will relate to an objective covered during the week.
Please encourage children to form letters and numbers correctly especially starting positions for each letter and number. In class we have talked about correct writing positions and how to hold our pencil.
In addition to this there will be a mental maths challenge each week.
Friday 6th October 2017: In maths we have been looking at capacity using non-standard and standard units of measure (rice, ml, l). Find different containers in your home and measure how much water they can hold. You can measure using cups of water or standard measures (ml, l).
Mental maths challenge: Number bonds to 10/20 i.e. 8 + 2 = 10, 20 = 15 + 5
Friday 13th October 2017: In place and time we have been looking at different symbols that can be used on a map. Create your own map of a room in your home.
Mental maths challenge: Counting forwards and backwards from numbers 0-100. Start the children at any number and encourage them to count backwards and forwards in ones. Can they do the same counting in 10s?
Please hand homework books in week beginning Monday 16th October 2017.
About Miss Hind
Dates for your Diary
- 23 Oct 2017 - Half Term
- 30 Oct 2017 - Inset Day
- 19 Dec 2017 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 03 Jan 2018 - Inset Day
- 04 Jan 2018 - Start of Spring Term
- 12 Feb 2018 - Half Term
- 29 Mar 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 16 Apr 2018 - Inset Day
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 5 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 1 year ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 1 year ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago