Autumn (term 2) homework – Year 2
Homework will be posted on the blog every half term showing you the day it will be discussed with the children. Each task will relate to an objective covered during the week.
Please encourage children to form letters and numbers correctly especially starting positions for each letter and number. In class we have talked about correct writing positions and how to hold our pencils.
In addition to this there will be a mental maths challenge each week.
Friday 3rd November 2017: Practise writing these words; oh, looked, Mrs, called, Mr, people, their, could, asked, putting them into a sentence when you feel confident. A good method to use is ‘look, say, cover, write, check’.
Mental maths challenge: Rounding to the nearest ten – 2/3 digit numbers
Friday 10th November 2017: We have started to find out about Grace Darling using photographs and objects. Using the internet or non-fiction books what else can you find out? Create a fact file of all the interesting information you find.
Mental maths challenge: Ten times table
Friday 17th November 2017: In maths we have been looking at using repeated addition and arrays to multiply. However other possible methods can include drawings of objects or Numicon.
Using what you have been taught and feel comfortable with solve multiplication calculations relating to the 2, 5, 10 and 3 times tables.
Mental maths challenge: Number bonds to 10/20 i.e. 8 + 2 = 10, 20 = 15 + 5
Friday 24th November 2017: We will be writing a newspaper report all about Grace Darling. Here is some interesting vocabulary that could be used in your newspaper report: dangerous, heroic, courageous, treacherous, turbulent, panicked, anxious, disorientated
Put these words in alphabetical order and write a definition for each word. Ext: put these words into your own sentences.
If you have access to one feel free to complete this task on a computer.
Mental maths challenge: Five times table
Friday 1st December 2017: In maths we have been looking at the value of coins and how to use coins to make an amount in different ways. Choose one of the following amounts: 38p 74p £1.62
Using coins that can be found in a purse explore how many different ways you can make that amount.
Mental maths challenge: Two times tables
Please bring the homework books back on the week beginning of the 4th December 2017 to be marked.
About Miss Hind
Dates for your Diary
- 17 May 2018 - SRE Information Meeting for Parents
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- 04 Jun 2018 - Inset Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 year ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago