Be careful what you wish for…
We had great fun reading “Bartholomew and the Oobleck” by Doctor Seuss last week, in which the King wanted something different to fall from the sky… Is oobleck a liquid? Is is a solid? We had a messy time trying to find out and discovered that it’s properties change as you apply different pressure.
In Literacy, we have been practising the rules of speech and our editing skills, which has linked to our text “Escape from Pompeii”. Maths has brought us more times tables practise and problem solving challenges.
After half term, the school will be using a new spelling programme. Spelling activities will be sent home along with homework and these will be linked to each child’s needs. Have a wonderful half term!
About Miss Burke
Dates for your Diary
- 17 Jan 2019 - PTA AGM
- 24 Jan 2019 - Book Fair
- 05 Feb 2019 - Year One Concert
- 08 Feb 2019 - PTA Comedy Night
- 11 Feb 2019 - Parent/Teacher Evening
- 13 Feb 2019 - Parent/Teacher Evening
- 18 Feb 2019 - Half Term Begins
- 15 Mar 2019 - Phase 2 & 3 Film Night