Thank you to everyone who found time to hear their children read over Christmas. We really see the impact in class.
This week the children had their first French lesson. They were very excited! In Maths we have been solving simple subtraction practically using dice and counters. The children have also began to record their number sentences. In Literacy we listened to a sound clip of an emergency. The children then had to think about what they had heard. They made responses through drawings and discussion. This has introduced our new topic; 999 Emergency! We have noticed that the children need a push with handwriting and letter formation. We will be focusing more on this as we continue to deliver the curriculum.
Digraphs: ch/chick, sh/sheep, th/thumb, ng/strong, qu/queen, ai/rain, ee/tree, ie/pie, oa/goat, oo/oo book/boot, ar/star, or/fork, ur/turnip, ow/cow, oi/boil, er/pepper
Trigraphs: igh/ light, ear/ hear, air/ hair, ure/ pure
Tricky words: I, no, the, to, go, into, he, she, we, me, be, you, are, her, was, all, they, my
About Miss Novell
Dates for your Diary
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- 04 Jun 2018 - Insert Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 11 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago