Archive | Class of 2015 RSS feed for this section
In Maths we have been finding the double and half of a given number. In Literacy we have been writing questions from the perspective of the Detective from the story ‘The Great Paper Caper’. We made Easter pop up cards and ordered weather disasters. We hope you have a restful break!
French learning at home:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiqzBdd5Jng (Easter song)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-cA7DacVIk&t=46s (vocabulary practise)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEpZlj4T9U0 (the story of the Easter bells)
In Maths we have been solving number sentences using the inverse. In Literacy we have been sorting open and closed questions. We wrote questions for what we would ask an alien if they landed in the playground. We have been comparing artists. We looked at extreme weathers that have happened in different countries. We have been learning the rules of football and we have been showing off our skills!
We have been looking after the Queens diamond…but it has gone missing! We have been investigating the crime and collecting the clues and evidence. A detective came to help us find the suspect. We will be making wanted posters and newspaper reports. In Literacy we have been reading ‘The Great Paper Caper’; we have been writing newspaper reports to report the crime of the Bear. In Maths we have been solving addition word problems.
This week we have been reading and writing measurements for capacity. In Literacy we have been reading ‘The Great Paper Caper’; we have been describing the feelings of the main character and writing diary entries. We found out about Global Warming and what causes it. We have been trying to make the Earth healthy ourselves!
What a busy week the children have had!
It was nice to see so many of you at Sky’s assembly last week and Aqua’s assembly today, we are very proud of the children.
In Literacy we have been ordering and writing instructions. We look forward to following our jam sandwich instructions tomorrow.
In Maths we have been identifying and naming the properties of 3D shapes. The children will be making their own 3D shapes tomorrow.
We have been continuing our work on Andy Goldsworthy, by planning and creating our own stick sculptures.
In Science, Year 1 have been planning and carrying out an experiment. The children made boats out of materials they felt would be waterproof and light. We tested our boats, which the children seemed to enjoy greatly. It was a great effort!
Year 1 children have been learning about insects in French so here are a few links to help them practise at home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdci-iWynCI&index=4&list=PL96dci_SnbhJD6QG_KUuafZC9irEFJtZG (vocabulary practice)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuAa-7HeR4Q (Incy Wincy Spider in French)
Children are now revising their colours and here are a few links to support their learning:
Dates for your Diary
- 01 May 2017 - May Day Bank Holiday
- 29 May 2017 - Half Term
- 05 Jun 2017 - Inset Day
- 21 Jul 2017 - End of Term
- 24 Jul 2017 - Occasional Day - School Closed
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 8 months ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 10 months ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 1 year ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 1 year ago
- The school has submitted a planning application for a Multi Use Games area to increase outdoor learning and play... http://t.co/UyLPfdGfyG 2 years ago