Archive | Class of 2015 RSS feed for this section
This week the children have listened to the story of Little Red Riding Hood and labelled a scene from the story. They have also made some beautiful observational drawings of some trees that Little Red Riding Hood may have encountered too! In Maths the children have revisited 2D shapes and used their properties to sort them.
Story next week: We are continuing the Little Red Riding Hood
Our sounds so far: s,a,t,p,i,n,m,d,g,o,c,k,ck,e,u,r,h
This week we have continued to write about the ‘Three Little Pigs’. In Maths we have been learning about 2d shapes, discussing how many sides and how many corners each shape has. We used these shapes to create pictures. Also we have been singing a Harvest song; ‘Have you ever seen an apple’ this week in preparation for our assembly tomorrow.
Our sounds so far: s,a,t,p,i,n,m,d,g,o,c,k,ck
Story next week: Little Red Riding Hood
This week we have read the story ‘The Three Little Pigs’. The children have used different 2D shapes to design houses for the pigs in Maths. During Literacy they have been using initial letter sounds to draw and label the characters. They have also used the iPads to create pictures of the story.
Our sounds so far: s,a,t,p,i,n,m,d
Story next week: we are continuing The Three Little Pigs
Wow what a busy start to the term! So far we have settled in well and the children are continuing to develop their friendships. Our story in Literacy has been Cinderella. The children have ordered the story and discussed the different characters. We are continuing to develop number knowledge during Maths. We are working on counting, ordering and number recognition.
Dates for your Diary
- 12 Feb 2018 - Half Term
- 29 Mar 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 16 Apr 2018 - Inset Day
- 17 Apr 2018 - Start of Summer Term
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- 04 Jun 2018 - Insert Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 8 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 1 year ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago