Archive | Class of 2015 RSS feed for this section
We have been looking for alliteration in stories and poems. We wrote alliteration for our names and used the dictionaries to support. In Maths we have been adding coins and different amounts of money together. We sorted the materials into two groups; natural and man-made. We have been watching weather forecasts to gather vocabulary and to give us ideas for making weather symbols.
In Literacy we have been using pronouns to improve our sentence writing. In Maths we have been finding ½ and ¼ of shapes. We painted a Winter scene using watercolours. We loved our trip to the Pantomime to see Snow White.
Here are the links to the two Christmas songs that the children have been learning in French:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p41FBlsE2KA (traditional Christmas song for children)
We really enjoyed performing our play ‘The Litter Muncher’ to our families. In Literacy we have been identifying nouns and proper nouns. In Maths we have been using the clocks to read and write half past times. The Grey Mouse Challenge was to read and write quarter past times. In French we sang a song about decorating the tree. Tomorrow we will be following instructions to make, bake and decorate biscuits.
In Maths we have been reading and writing o’clock times and we have been sequencing our day. In Literacy we have been writing stories and we have been focusing on using capital letters, finger spaces and full stops. In Art we painted our clay creatures. We enjoyed looking at our baby photographs and writing about how much we have changed.
This week we made food people using recycled objects and tomorrow we will be making fruit based dishes using the left over fruit from our classes. We had a visit from Godfrey’s Fish and Chip shop; they taught us about overfishing and how they sourced the fish they sell in the shop. In Literacy we have been identifying verbs and we have been writing sentences using the verbs. In Maths we made Numicon number lines and explored the relationship of numbers. In Art we made our creatures using clay.
We have been retelling the ‘Gunpowder Plot’ story. In Maths we have been collecting data in the form of a tally chart. We did a shop survey of St Albans High Street. We then used the information to answer questions. In Art we started our ‘Take One Picture’ project by creating and describing our own creatures.
Dates for your Diary
- 31 Mar 2017 - End of Term
- 18 Apr 2017 - Start of Summer Term
- 01 May 2017 - May Day Bank Holiday
- 29 May 2017 - Half Term
- 05 Jun 2017 - Inset Day
- 21 Jul 2017 - End of Term
- 24 Jul 2017 - Occasional Day - School Closed
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 7 months ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 9 months ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 1 year ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 1 year ago
- The school has submitted a planning application for a Multi Use Games area to increase outdoor learning and play... http://t.co/UyLPfdGfyG 2 years ago