Archive | Class of 2015 RSS feed for this section
What an amazing but busy week we have had! We went to Pizza Express to make our own pizzas and we visited Marks and Spencer’s to find out where our food comes from. We learnt new languages from the parents that came in to School. We learnt the words for different foods in Italian, Russian, Belarus, French and Ukrainian. Our focus continent was Asia; we made Chinese lanterns and made fact files for Asian animals. In Maths we did a number line using Thai numbers and solved addition number sentences. We looked at Sari’s and designed our own. Throughout the week we have been writing about the experiences we have had.
In Maths we have been finding the double and half of a given number. In Literacy we have been writing questions from the perspective of the Detective from the story ‘The Great Paper Caper’. We made Easter pop up cards and ordered weather disasters. We hope you have a restful break!
French learning at home:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiqzBdd5Jng (Easter song)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-cA7DacVIk&t=46s (vocabulary practise)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEpZlj4T9U0 (the story of the Easter bells)
In Maths we have been solving number sentences using the inverse. In Literacy we have been sorting open and closed questions. We wrote questions for what we would ask an alien if they landed in the playground. We have been comparing artists. We looked at extreme weathers that have happened in different countries. We have been learning the rules of football and we have been showing off our skills!
We have been looking after the Queens diamond…but it has gone missing! We have been investigating the crime and collecting the clues and evidence. A detective came to help us find the suspect. We will be making wanted posters and newspaper reports. In Literacy we have been reading ‘The Great Paper Caper’; we have been writing newspaper reports to report the crime of the Bear. In Maths we have been solving addition word problems.
This week we have been reading and writing measurements for capacity. In Literacy we have been reading ‘The Great Paper Caper’; we have been describing the feelings of the main character and writing diary entries. We found out about Global Warming and what causes it. We have been trying to make the Earth healthy ourselves!
Dates for your Diary
- 01 Sep 2017 - Term Dates 2017/18 in School Calendar, Office hyperlink
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 4 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 1 year ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 1 year ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago