Archive | Class of 2015 RSS feed for this section
What a busy first half term at school we have had! We are all very proud of the progress the children have made already. They have picked up on routines and made lots of new friends. We hope the children get a good rest next week! In Literacy this week we have continued to read Little Red Riding Hood and looked at how to form a sentence. We thought about capital letters, finger spaces and full stops. In Maths we have been focusing on number formation.
Our sounds so far: s,a,t,p,i,n,m,d,o,g,c,k,ck,e,u,r,h,b,f/ff,l/ll,ss,
Tricky words: the, to, no, go, I
Stories after half term: we will continue to look at traditional stories and fairy tales
This week the children have listened to the story of Little Red Riding Hood and labelled a scene from the story. They have also made some beautiful observational drawings of some trees that Little Red Riding Hood may have encountered too! In Maths the children have revisited 2D shapes and used their properties to sort them.
Story next week: We are continuing the Little Red Riding Hood
Our sounds so far: s,a,t,p,i,n,m,d,g,o,c,k,ck,e,u,r,h
This week we have continued to write about the ‘Three Little Pigs’. In Maths we have been learning about 2d shapes, discussing how many sides and how many corners each shape has. We used these shapes to create pictures. Also we have been singing a Harvest song; ‘Have you ever seen an apple’ this week in preparation for our assembly tomorrow.
Our sounds so far: s,a,t,p,i,n,m,d,g,o,c,k,ck
Story next week: Little Red Riding Hood
This week we have read the story ‘The Three Little Pigs’. The children have used different 2D shapes to design houses for the pigs in Maths. During Literacy they have been using initial letter sounds to draw and label the characters. They have also used the iPads to create pictures of the story.
Our sounds so far: s,a,t,p,i,n,m,d
Story next week: we are continuing The Three Little Pigs
Wow what a busy start to the term! So far we have settled in well and the children are continuing to develop their friendships. Our story in Literacy has been Cinderella. The children have ordered the story and discussed the different characters. We are continuing to develop number knowledge during Maths. We are working on counting, ordering and number recognition.
Dates for your Diary
- 31 Mar 2017 - End of Term
- 18 Apr 2017 - Start of Summer Term
- 01 May 2017 - May Day Bank Holiday
- 29 May 2017 - Half Term
- 05 Jun 2017 - Inset Day
- 21 Jul 2017 - End of Term
- 24 Jul 2017 - Occasional Day - School Closed
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 7 months ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 9 months ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 1 year ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 1 year ago
- The school has submitted a planning application for a Multi Use Games area to increase outdoor learning and play... http://t.co/UyLPfdGfyG 2 years ago