Archive | Class of 2016 RSS feed for this section
In Maths we have been looking at multiplication through repeated addition. In Literacy we have been writing rhyming poems about our homes. We used charcoal to create different buildings from around the world. We have been preparing for the Phonics Screener; the sounds/spellings we focussed on this week: aw, air, ie, ue and split digraphs.
As it is Sustainable Week we have been planting beans, tomatoes and peas in recycled pots. In Maths we have been sharing equal and unequal amounts. In Literacy we have been gathering language in preparation for writing our stories. We created our bedrooms in the style of Van Gogh. We used the laptops to present data using tally charts, bar charts and pictograms.
In Maths we have been exploring different ways of measuring. We used a ruler to measure the length of objects. We used the scales to measure with non-standard and standard units of measure. In Literacy we have been preparing to write our own stories; we gathered language and created story maps. Our topic this term is Houses and Homes.
Next week is Sustainable St Albans Week! Please bring in plastic pots (e.g. yogurt pots, plastic tubs) for us to plant with.
We have had a very busy but fun week celebrating International Week. Our focus continent was Asia. We recreated ‘The Golden Pavilion’ that is in Japan. We looked at the artist Hokusai and made a representation of his famous work ‘The Great Wave’. We used marbling ink to make Asian fans. We had some amazing workshops from parents; we made Chinese buildings using stamps, painted Russian spoons, made our own Picasso art work and we are looking forward to the Arcimboldo Workshop tomorrow.
Dates for your Diary
- 17 May 2018 - SRE Information Meeting for Parents
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- 04 Jun 2018 - Inset Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 year ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago