Archive | Class of 2016 RSS feed for this section
We were lucky enough to have a visit from Premier Stars and the Premier League Trophy. We found out some interesting facts. We learnt the values: Inspire, be ambitious, be fair and be connected.
In Literacy we have been writing a narrative for a clip: https://www.literacyshed.com/whistleless.html. In Maths we have been investigating numbers.
In Maths we have been using rulers to measure and order objects. We have been writing a recount of what we did in the Half Term. We used Picasso as an inspiration for our art work. We retold the story of how Alban became a Saint.
In Literacy we have been using conjunctions to join sentences. In Maths we have been using different resources to measure the length and height. We used the Beebots and the Ipads to complete algorithms (a process or set of rules to be followed in calculations or other problem-solving operations, especially by a computer).
Our topic this term is ‘Me, Myself and I’. We have been using capital letters and full stops in our writing. In Maths we have been ordering and writing numbers. We have been matching quantity to the number and have been looking at more and less. We used our senses to explore a range of things. We identified natural objects.
What an amazing year! We are so SO proud, I know we have said it before, but we truly mean it. Each year the children we teach continue to inspire us and bring us smiles in their own ways.
All of us in the EYFS team are humbled by your kind words and generous gifts. Your words mean a lot to us all. Thank you for all your continued support.
Have an amazing summer and we know that some of us (staff included) have new adventures on the horizon. Good luck to you all.
This week has been an eventful week, with the main event being transition day. We hope you have enjoyed reading the children’s reports. We are all so pleased with the children’s progress both as individuals and academically. Seeing them grow in many ways is such a wonderful privilege for us. The children spent yesterday in Year One with their new teachers in Aqua and Sky class. They had a ‘whale of a time’ and realised that ‘sky’s the limit’! Reading books will be collected in next week and we will send home a summer pack of ideas to support the children’s learning over the holidays. Don’t forget that there is also the ‘reading challenge’ held at your local libraries.
Dates for your Diary
- 19 Dec 2017 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 03 Jan 2018 - Inset Day
- 04 Jan 2018 - Start of Spring Term
- 12 Feb 2018 - Half Term
- 29 Mar 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 16 Apr 2018 - Inset Day
- 17 Apr 2018 - Start of Summer Term
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 6 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 1 year ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 1 year ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago