Archive | Class of 2016 RSS feed for this section
In Maths we have been exploring money. We ordered the coins and added different amounts. In Literacy we have been writing letters. Our focus artist this half term is Andy Goldsworthy; we have been enjoying looking at natural art. In Science we have been sorting materials and looking at the properties of the materials.
Last week saw the exciting outing to the Alban Arena to see this year’s pantomime, Aladdin. It was great fun and the children enjoyed every minute of it whilst being on their best behaviour. In Literacy the children were working on their understanding of pronouns before being able to transfer their learning into interesting sentences. In Maths, the children were building on their number skills by solving both addition and subtraction number sentences with the support of a hundred square.
We hope you have a lovely and well deserved break. Thank you for your continued support throughout the first term in Year One.
Have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.
Mrs Boothby and Mr Wanless
In Literacy we have been identifying verbs. We explored fractions of shapes and numbers. We made posters for how to stay safe online. We designed a healthy fruit salad. We also brought photographs in of ourselves when we were babies. We wrote about how we have changed and what we can do now. Can you guess who?
We were lucky enough to have a visit from Premier Stars and the Premier League Trophy. We found out some interesting facts. We learnt the values: Inspire, be ambitious, be fair and be connected.
In Literacy we have been writing a narrative for a clip: https://www.literacyshed.com/whistleless.html. In Maths we have been investigating numbers.
In Maths we have been using rulers to measure and order objects. We have been writing a recount of what we did in the Half Term. We used Picasso as an inspiration for our art work. We retold the story of how Alban became a Saint.
Dates for your Diary
- 12 Feb 2018 - Half Term
- 29 Mar 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 16 Apr 2018 - Inset Day
- 17 Apr 2018 - Start of Summer Term
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- 04 Jun 2018 - Insert Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 8 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 1 year ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago