Archive | Class of 2016 RSS feed for this section
This week we have continued to explore the story of Cinderella. The children ordered and spoke about the different settings within the story. Thank you for continuing to supporting the children’s story telling language development when hearing them read. We also made links to the story of Cinderella by talking about the different people we have met.
There has been lots of ordering in Maths… including our numbers!! We have also been looking and playing with numbers in the environment.
This week’s sounds: s,a,t,p,i
Next week’s story: The Three Little Pigs
This week the children have enjoyed the story of Cinderella. We have also used the story to support our phonics. The children have been practising oral blending and segmenting words. They have also practised recognising and continuing rhyming strings. Maths has had a number focus. We have been counting and ordering different quantities.
Next week we will continue to read Cinderella.
In Phonics we will begin learning our sounds. Watch this space for the sounds and any tricky words we have taught!
This week we have enjoyed making new friends. We have explored all the resources in our classroom and found out how to be like Grey Mouse! Each class has thought of their own class rules to follow this year too.
Thank you for bringing in your yellow Alban City Bags for sharing. It was fun learning about your summer holidays and has been a great way to get to know each other.
Our Story Next Week: Cinderella
Our Phonics Next Week: Rhyme, alliteration and oral blending and segmenting
Dates for your Diary
- 23 Oct 2017 - Half Term
- 30 Oct 2017 - Inset Day
- 19 Dec 2017 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 03 Jan 2018 - Inset Day
- 04 Jan 2018 - Start of Spring Term
- 12 Feb 2018 - Half Term
- 29 Mar 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 16 Apr 2018 - Inset Day
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 5 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 1 year ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 1 year ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago