Archive | News RSS feed for this section
The Herts Advertiser School Awards took place on Wednesday evening at Oaklands College. We were finalists in four categories this year so thank you to our parents for taking the time to nominate our school and staff. Congratulations to Mr Edwards for winning the best Support Staff category and to Bessie who won a Special Recognition award, we are very proud of their achievement.
Next week is half term, which is followed immediately by our Occasional Day when school is closed. Children will return to school on Tuesday 2nd June at the normal time.
We hope everyone has enjoyed the variety of activities that have been taking place this week as part of our first International Week. Each class has learned about a different continent through geography, history, art and cooking activities. This is to help the children learn more about other cultures and countries. We round off the week with our Tour the World event tomorrow in the school hall and hope that parents can join us from 3pm.
We did it! Well done to everyone who helped us hop into the Guinness Book of World Records. We had tremendous support on the day and thank you to the PTA members who organised the event.
School finishes today at 1.30pm. We hope you all enjoy the Easter break and look forward to welcoming you back on Tuesday 21st April.
On Saturday 21st March from 11.30am, Alban City School PTA will be holding a Spring Hop-Along at the school. The main event on the day is a Guinness World Record attempt which will take place at 12pm. We need at least 400 people of any age all hopping at the same time. For anyone who is unable to hop but would like to still be involved in the event, we need a number of independent stewards on the day so please let school know if you can volunteer. Once the Hop itself is over there will be lots of activities for all the family to enjoy, along with a delicious BBQ. We hope to see as many parents as possible along with their family and friends at this amazing event.
Yesterday we were very lucky to have a visit from British sprinter, Jodie Williams who led a special PE lesson in sprinting for our Year 2 classes. She then spent time with the children in a question and answer session and also gave pupils the opportunity to hold her Commonwealth and European medals. To mark the occasion we were also joined by Ian Braid from the British Athletes Commission and the Mayor of St. Albans Geoff Harrison.
Today saw the start of Book Week. A number of activities have been planned for the children to help promote the love of books and reading. We started with everyone coming to school dressed as their favourite book character which made for a very colourful assembly! Running alongside Book Week will be a Book Fair which will be held in the Community Room.
Happy New Year and welcome back. We hope that everyone has had a good break over the Christmas holidays and is looking forward to settling back into school routines.
We would like to wish our children, their families and all our staff and helpers a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year. We hope you have a restful and relaxing break and we look forward to welcoming the children back to school on Tuesday 6th January 2015.
Dates for your Diary
- 31 Mar 2017 - End of Term
- 18 Apr 2017 - Start of Summer Term
- 01 May 2017 - May Day Bank Holiday
- 29 May 2017 - Half Term
- 05 Jun 2017 - Inset Day
- 21 Jul 2017 - End of Term
- 24 Jul 2017 - Occasional Day - School Closed
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 7 months ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 9 months ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 1 year ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 1 year ago
- The school has submitted a planning application for a Multi Use Games area to increase outdoor learning and play... http://t.co/UyLPfdGfyG 2 years ago