Recently we have been focusing on the formation of letters. We are encouraging; the correct pencil grip, ‘starting letters from the top’, retracing vertical lines (‘not taking the pencil off the page’), sitting the letters on the line and clear letter distinction (size).
We have also introduced letter families to the children. You will receive a handout about these at parents evening next week. The children are most familiar with ‘curly caterpillar letters’. These are displayed in the photo below from one of our pupils.
About Miss Novell
Dates for your Diary
- 29 Mar 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 16 Apr 2018 - Inset Day
- 17 Apr 2018 - Start of Summer Term
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- 04 Jun 2018 - Insert Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 9 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 1 year ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago