The children this week have been working on ordering numbers and completing number sequences. The children ordered numbers consecutively and non-consecutively. They also became grey mice and had a go at counting in twos and tens. To ensure children thought about the process they counted both forwards and backwards from different starting points. They also had to work out the different numbers they needed from a selection given.
We have used our Literacy time to formally introduce the handwriting scheme. They are now familiar with Long Ladders, One Armed Robots, Curly Caterpillars and Zig-Zag Monsters. The letter family is distinguished by how you initially form each letter, i.e. the movement of your hand, remembering to start at the top.
Long Ladders: i j l t u y
One Armed Robots: b h k m n p r
Curly Caterpillars: a c d e f g o q s
Zig-Zag Monsters: v w x z
About Miss Novell
Dates for your Diary
- 17 Jul 2018 - Sports Day
- 19 Jul 2018 - Reserve Sports Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 year ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 3 years ago