Drop Everything and Read! We had a wonderful time last Thursday celebrating book day. Our text as a year group was ‘The Great Kapok Tree’ by Lynne Cherry. It really made us think about the effects of deforestation and we each produced a descriptive mini-book retelling the story/ writing our own version. We also painted stones as animals from the story or representing our favourite author/book.
Some of the children have started sawing wood for the base of their Ancient Egyptian lamp, which we hope to complete in the next few weeks.
In Maths, we have interpreted and presented data in a number of ways, including bar charts, line graphs and distance-time graphs. Today, the children wrote fabulous descriptive stories about a woolly mammoth emerging from a melting glacier!
About Miss Burke
Dates for your Diary
- 17 Jul 2018 - Sports Day
- 19 Jul 2018 - Reserve Sports Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 year ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 3 years ago