Dragons, Trolls and Unicorns
This week, the children have continued studying discussion texts. Together we wrote ‘Should Trolls be kept as Pets?’ and the children used this to help them write about a creature or animal of their own. Most decided that it would be reasonable to keep a unicorn or sea monster as a pet; maybe something for the Christmas list?
Within maths, we have explored different strategies to help us with mental multiplication and division such as partitioning and using our existing times tables knowledge to help us calculate the product for those we don’t know.
Next half term will bring some dragons, business enterprise, mysteries, dance and cooking!
For the first week back, please could your child bring in an item that demonstrates a texture (e.g. smooth, rough, fuzzy).
Today the children were given their homework (to be handed back on Thursday 2nd November) which includes 2 maths tasks and to write a diary entry.
About Mr Bushell
Dates for your Diary
- 19 Dec 2017 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 03 Jan 2018 - Inset Day
- 04 Jan 2018 - Start of Spring Term
- 12 Feb 2018 - Half Term
- 29 Mar 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 16 Apr 2018 - Inset Day
- 17 Apr 2018 - Start of Summer Term
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 6 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 1 year ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 1 year ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago