Every second counts….
This week we have been learning how to tell the time on an analogue clock. We have been talking about the movement and position of minute hand and the hour hand when telling the time on the hour, o’clock, and at half past the hour. In Literacy we have thought of rhyming words, using pirate stories, and written our own letters inspired by a message in a bottle. During our child initiated learning (CIL) we have been engaging in activities that will support our physical development, which will help us access all our learning as we continue to grow.
As the sun is shining and the weather is improving… please enjoy the outside world with your children… roll down hills, spin and hang around, dig in the garden and jump about… How we develop physically (specifically our proprioceptors, which is our muscles, and our vestibular system, which is our balance) is vital in order to meet our full learning potential…we need to get our brain and bodies working together!!
About Miss Novell
Dates for your Diary
- 19 Dec 2017 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 03 Jan 2018 - Inset Day
- 04 Jan 2018 - Start of Spring Term
- 12 Feb 2018 - Half Term
- 29 Mar 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 16 Apr 2018 - Inset Day
- 17 Apr 2018 - Start of Summer Term
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 6 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 1 year ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 1 year ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago