Far… a long long way to run! So Lah Tee Doh!
In maths this week we have been learning about distance. We looked at pictures of local and international landmarks such as St. Alban’s Abbey and Egyptian Pyramids. We discussed which landmarks were near/far and explained our reasoning such as pyramids being across the ocean! We also threw beanbags outside and measured the distance of our throws using non-standard measure.
In Literacy this week we have been thinking about descriptive language. We have discussed characters from our focus text ‘The Pirate Cruncher’ and written word banks to describe the characters. We then wrote sentences about our favourite character and the rest of the class tried to guess who it was about based on the descriptions!
About Miss Jackson
Dates for your Diary
- 17 May 2018 - SRE Information Meeting for Parents
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- 04 Jun 2018 - Inset Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 year ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago