Happy Half Term
This week we have been reading and responding to the story of ‘Little Red Riding Hood’. We have been hearing and saying the initial sounds in words and we are now beginning to orally decode the sounds in simple words, such as ‘b-e-d, bed.’
In maths we have been comparing differences in quantity. We estimated how many lego bricks were in bowls and compared these with various amounts to develop our understanding. We were really impressed with children’s estimations, however we have noticed they needed a lot of support with their comparative language such as ‘there is a lot more in this one than that one’.
We hope you all have a lovely half-term holiday and we can’t wait to hear all about it when we are back at school on Tuesday 31st October.
Sounds taught so far: s, a, t, p, i, n, m, d, g, o, c, k, ck, e, u
Story next week: Little Red Riding Hood
About Miss Jackson
Dates for your Diary
- No events to show
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 year ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 3 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 3 years ago