Year 5 have been working hard with the new Spelling Shed! It is so pleasing to see the children excited.
The spelling rule -cious has been our focus this week. When the root word ends in ‘ce’ like ‘space’, we usually drop the ‘e’ and put ‘ious’. Some children have also been given extra lists to practice based on errors seen in their writing.
Maths homework was given today. The children will need to use their fraction equivalence knowledge to help add and subtract within these problems. This is due back on Wednesday 18th July.
Remember, the Summer Reading Challenge starts tomorrow! If you are not yet a member of a library, you can join for free. They have books, audiobooks and e-books ready for downloading to help you get started.
About Mr Bushell
Dates for your Diary
- 17 Jan 2019 - PTA AGM
- 24 Jan 2019 - Book Fair
- 05 Feb 2019 - Year One Concert
- 08 Feb 2019 - PTA Comedy Night
- 11 Feb 2019 - Parent/Teacher Evening
- 13 Feb 2019 - Parent/Teacher Evening
- 18 Feb 2019 - Half Term Begins
- 15 Mar 2019 - Phase 2 & 3 Film Night