Is the glass half empty or full?
This week in Maths we have been focussing on halving. The children used counters to share half of a quantity. Mealtimes are a perfect opportunity to continue developing this understanding though halving fruit, pizza, etc.
In Literacy we read the story ‘Spots!’ This has linked in with our topic ‘People Who Help Us’. We have continued to develop our sentence writing skills by writing sentences about how dad helped the family while they were unwell. Please continue to encourage your children to help around the house too.
Children have started learning about food in French (le sandwich) and here are a few links to help your child practise at home.
J’aime la Galette. Cmptine pour bébés et petits enfants. http://www.lespatapons.fr/ PAROLES: J’aime la galette, savez-vous comment ? Quand elle est bien faite Avec …
http://www.mondedestitounis.fr Voici une petite vidéo pour apprendre aux enfants les nombres de 10 à 20 en s’amusant. ***** RETROUVEZ-MOI ***** Tous les mercredis …
About Mrs Fernandes
Dates for your Diary
- 01 Sep 2017 - Term Dates 2017/18 in School Calendar, Office hyperlink
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 4 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 1 year ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 1 year ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago