Life in Grace Darling’s time!
In English we have been learning about apostrophes for contractions and possession. e.g. Do not – don’t / Charlie’s pencil
We have been using Cuisenaire rods to find parts of a whole.
In computing we have been collecting data using a tally chart, which was a lot of fun!
As part of our topic on Grace Darling, the children acted out a typical day for her and her family so that they could compare the difference between girls and boys jobs. Through discussion they also compared the way of life in Grace’s time to our life today.
About Mrs Freer
Dates for your Diary
- 18 Feb 2019 - Half Term Begins
- 15 Mar 2019 - Phase 2 & 3 Film Night
- 27 Mar 2019 - Year Five Concert
- 28 Mar 2019 - Year Four Concert
- 29 Mar 2019 - Phase 1 Disco
- 05 Apr 2019 - End of Term