Literacy and lamps
This week in literacy we have been enjoying reading a selection of poems about school from the book Please Mrs Butler and creating our own versions. In maths, we have been working on solving word problems involving all of the operations.
On Thursday, Transition Day, the children thoroughly enjoyed meeting their new teachers and spending time in their new Year 5 classrooms.
The children finally completed their Egyptian lamps this week and have now taken them home. They’ve been highly enthusiastic throughout this topic and should all be proud of their work!
Have a good weekend and enjoy the sunshine!
About Miss Burke
Dates for your Diary
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- 04 Jun 2018 - Insert Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 11 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago