In English this week the children have been planning their own version of ‘The Pig in the Pond’ and have been using hot seating as a way of exploring one of their characters in more detail.
The children have enjoyed using rulers and metre sticks to measure the length of objects.
During science we looked at the diet of rainforest animals and used specific vocabulary: carnivore, herbivore and omnivore.
Scarlet Class: This week I have sent home a copy of the common exception words identifying the words the class find difficult to spell. Please practise these at home.
Crimson Class: On Monday the children were sent home a highlighted list of words, in their homework books, that children struggle to spell correctly. Please practise these at home.
About Miss Hind
Dates for your Diary
- 29 May 2017 - Half Term
- 05 Jun 2017 - Inset Day
- 21 Jul 2017 - End of Term
- 24 Jul 2017 - Occasional Day - School Closed
- 01 Sep 2017 - Term Dates 2017/18 in School Calendar, Office hyperlink
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 week ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 9 months ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 11 months ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 1 year ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 1 year ago