In our first full week back, the children have spent time planning and recording a persuasive radio advert. They have thoroughly enjoyed this and the teachers found the adverts to be very persuasive.
In maths, they have looked at fractions, with a focus on finding equivalent fractions and using this skill to simplify fractions.
Our new topic this term is habitats, which the children have started to look at by exploring climate around the world and by discussing the characteristics of living things.
Both classes have gained new pupils this week and both teachers are very pleased at how welcoming the children have been towards our new starters.
Homework was sent our today and is due back in school by Wednesday the 25th of January. There is a spelling piece regarding words that have the ‘shh’ sound spelt ch. For maths, some fractions activities have been set for them on Active Learn. The link is below.
The children have written their login details into their homework books. The school code is alci.
Enjoy the snow!
About Miss Burke
Dates for your Diary
- 29 Mar 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 16 Apr 2018 - Inset Day
- 17 Apr 2018 - Start of Summer Term
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- 04 Jun 2018 - Insert Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 9 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 1 year ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago