Privacy Notice – Data Protection Act 1998
We, Alban City School, are the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act. We collect information from you and may receive information about your child/children from previous schools and the Learning Records Service where applicable. We hold this personal data and use it to:
- Support pupil teaching and learning;
- Monitor and report on pupil progress;
- Provide appropriate pastoral care; and
- Assess how well the school is doing
This information includes your child/children’s contact details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information  and personal characteristics such as ethnic group, special educational needs and any relevant medical information.
We will not give information about your child/children to anyone outside the school without your consent unless the law and our rules allow us to.
We are required by law to pass some of your information to the Local Authority and the Department for Education (DfE)
If you want to see a copy of the information we hold and share about your child(ren) then please contact Janet Goddard, Headteacher.
If you want to see a copy of the information we hold and share about you then please contact Janet Goddard, Headteacher.
If you require more information about how the Local Authority (LA) and/or DfE store and use your information, then please go to the following websites:
- http://www.hertsdirect.org/scholearn/privacysch2010/ and
If you are unable to access these websites, please contact the LA or DfE as follows:
Data Protection Team, Information Governance Unit
Public Communications Unit, Department for Education
Great Smith Street
Telephone: 0870 000 2288
 Attendance is not collected for pupils under 5 at Early Years Settings or Maintained Schools
Dates for your Diary
- 19 Dec 2017 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 03 Jan 2018 - Inset Day
- 04 Jan 2018 - Start of Spring Term
- 12 Feb 2018 - Half Term
- 29 Mar 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 16 Apr 2018 - Inset Day
- 17 Apr 2018 - Start of Summer Term
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 6 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 1 year ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 1 year ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago