Reception to the Rescue!
In Literacy we read the story ‘999 Emergency!’. We have used this text to talk about a range of different emergencies that happen all over the world including forest fires and avalanches! We have drawn pictures of our favourite emergency vehicles and written a label or sentence to match our picture. In Maths we have been consolidating our understanding of simple subtraction problems practically and are growing in confidence recording number sentences. We have loved doing P.E. again this week and we have been learning how to throw beanbags underarm to a partner. Next week we will be reading ‘What the Ladybird Heard’ by Julia Donaldson and using this as a stimulus to create our own books and stories.
Digraphs: ch/chick, sh/sheep, th/thumb, ng/strong, qu/queen, ai/rain, ee/tree, ie/pie, oa/goat, oo/oo book/boot, ar/star, or/fork, ur/turnip, ow/cow, oi/boil, er/pepper
Trigraphs: igh/ light, ear/ hear, air/ hair, ure/ pure
Tricky words: I, no, the, to, go, into, he, she, we, me, be, you, are, her, was, all, they, my
About Miss Jackson
Dates for your Diary
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- 04 Jun 2018 - Insert Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 11 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago