Sentences and Sorting!
In maths the children have been sorting shapes and other information. They have discussed the categories they would like to sort them and set the criteria for each category.
We have been looking at different types of sentences in Literacy. The children have learnt the difference between; questions, statements, commands and exclamation. They have identified the different words and punctuation used in them. They have also been looking at expanding their sentences using conjunctions correctly. We have been using; and, so, but, because to write sentences about characters from the story ‘How the Leopard got his Spots’ by Shoo Ryder.
About Miss Hesketh
Dates for your Diary
- 17 Jan 2019 - PTA AGM
- 24 Jan 2019 - Book Fair
- 05 Feb 2019 - Year One Concert
- 08 Feb 2019 - PTA Comedy Night
- 11 Feb 2019 - Parent/Teacher Evening
- 13 Feb 2019 - Parent/Teacher Evening
- 18 Feb 2019 - Half Term Begins
- 15 Mar 2019 - Phase 2 & 3 Film Night