Shapes and poems
In maths we have started our topic of geometry by looking at angles, parallel and perpendicular lines and classifying shapes. Did you know there are 6 specific types of quadrilateral?
After reading and acting out a selection of narrative poems last week, we planned and started writing our own fabulous versions of well known stories this week. To help with rhyming we even made up some words like other poets have before us.
Please note that we will be doing an experiment involving egg shells next week – If you have any concerns about your child please let us know.
About Miss Burke
Dates for your Diary
- 17 Jan 2019 - PTA AGM
- 24 Jan 2019 - Book Fair
- 05 Feb 2019 - Year One Concert
- 08 Feb 2019 - PTA Comedy Night
- 11 Feb 2019 - Parent/Teacher Evening
- 13 Feb 2019 - Parent/Teacher Evening
- 18 Feb 2019 - Half Term Begins
- 15 Mar 2019 - Phase 2 & 3 Film Night