Spring term (1) Homework – Year 2
Homework will be posted on the blog every half term showing you the day it will be discussed with the children and the task. Each task will relate to an objective covered during the week.
This term we would like the children to work on their spellings of the common exception words. Lists have been given out but further copies can be obtained from the teachers.
Friday 12th January 2018: In English the children have used story maps and puppets to retell their own version of the story ‘How the Leopard got his spots’ by Shoo Rayner. Next week they will be writing their stories. Please encourage the children to retell their story to you, thinking carefully about the flow, sentence structure and sense.
Maths challenge: When you are doing your shopping can you add 2 amounts together. How much change might you get if paying with £1, £5 or £10.
Friday 19th January 2018: Our topic this term is Rainforests. Using the internet or a non-fiction book, find out about an animal that lives in the rainforest, including the type of food that they eat.
Maths challenge: Length – estimate and measure the length of different objects.
Friday 26th January 2018: In maths the children have looked at time and have continued to think about time and daily routines regularly since. It is pleasing to see so many who are keen to learn the time and now seem to wear a watch at school ensuring the adults time keeping is punctual. Encourage the children to keep a diary for a day recording timing of activities and what they did. Discuss how long the activity took to allow them to begin to understand how much time has passed.
Friday 2nd February 2018: In science we have been looking at food chains – we have linked this to food chains in the rainforest. Encourage children to discuss key vocabulary identified at school and draw their own food chain for an animal that lives in water. Predator, prey, producer, consumer
Maths challenge: Discuss mental strategies to solve addition and subtraction. Rounding up and taking away, counting in multiples of tens then ones, think 10 etc.
Please bring the homework books back week beginning 5th February 2018 to be marked.
About Miss Hesketh
Dates for your Diary
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- 04 Jun 2018 - Insert Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 11 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago