Spring term (2) Homework – Year 2
Homework will be posted on the blog every half term showing you the day it will be discussed with the children and the task. This half term there are a mixture of tasks related to the children’s learning that week or skills that they need to be practising.
Practise writing numbers in words to 100 or beyond.
e.g. 6 six 17 seventeen 24 twenty four 156 one hundred and fifty six
Extension: Write 3 one digit numbers, 3 two digit numbers and 3 three digit numbers.
Rewrite the sentences below. Underline any nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs. You could colour code them for example: Nouns-red, verbs- green, adjectives-blue and adverbs-yellow.
Floppy swam quickly in the rough sea to save his friends.
Rose took her swimming bag to the pool.
The stripy tiger went to Sophie’s house unexpectedly and ate all the delicious food.
Ext: Write your own sentences identifying the nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs.
Count in 2s, 5s, 10s and 3s
Write some multiplication and division number sentences and show your working out. Here are some examples:
2 x 5 = 3×3= 4×10= 5×5= 8×2=
12 ÷ 3 = 15 ÷ 5 = 50 ÷ 10 = 24 ÷ 2= 10÷2=
You could show your working by drawing arrays or a number line.
Write a number of different types of sentences:
A command – Put your coat on. (The verb is found at the beginning of the sentence.)
A statement – An elephant has a trunk and tusks. (Facts and information)
A question – What does a Macaw eat? (Starts with a question word)
An exclamation – What big eyes you’ve got! (starts with what or how, includes a verb and exclamation mark)
- Daily reading
- Work on Year 2 spelling patterns. Root words ending with the suffixes: ly, ness, less, ment, ful
e.g. quick – quickly still – stillness home – homeless content – contentment care – careful
- Practise adding and taking away 2 digit numbers e.g. 24 + 17 = 28 – 15=
Please bring the homework books back during the week beginning 20th March 2017 to be marked.
About Miss Hind
Dates for your Diary
- 23 Oct 2017 - Half Term
- 30 Oct 2017 - Inset Day
- 19 Dec 2017 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 03 Jan 2018 - Inset Day
- 04 Jan 2018 - Start of Spring Term
- 12 Feb 2018 - Half Term
- 29 Mar 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 16 Apr 2018 - Inset Day
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 5 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 1 year ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 1 year ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago