Spring term (2) Homework – Year 2
Homework will be posted on the blog every half term showing you the day it will be discussed with the children and the task. This half term there are a mixture of tasks related to the children’s learning that week or skills that they need to be practising.
Friday 23rd February 2018
In English we have been learning about the features of a riddle. Choose a pet animal and write a riddle. Give me lots of clues so we can guess the animal.
Maths challenge: Write one, two, three-digit numbers in words.
Friday 2nd March 2018
In place and time, we are thinking about our local area. On your journey to school draw or take pictures of things you see i.e. buildings, parks, monuments. Write a caption to go with each photo/picture.
Maths challenge: We have been looking at multiplication. Create your own multiplication word problem for the adults to solve i.e. I have a pack pencils. Each child needs two pencils each. There are 12 children in the class. How many pencils do I need?
Friday 9th March 2018
Count in 2s
Reflect on all the things you have learnt over international week. Write three facts you have learnt and one thing you would like to find out.
Maths challenge: While out and about see if you can count forward and backwards in twos i.e. walking in the park counting the trees.
Friday 16th March 2018
This week in maths we have been looking at data. Create your own tally and pictogram using a topic of your choice i.e. colours of cars driving past your house.
- Daily reading
- Work on Year 2 spelling patterns. Root words ending with the suffixes: ly, ness, less, ment, ful
e.g. quick – quickly still – stillness home – homeless content – contentment care – careful
- Practise adding and taking away 2 digit numbers e.g. 24 + 17 = 28 – 15=
Please bring the homework books back during the week beginning 19th March 2018 to be marked.
About Miss Hind
Dates for your Diary
- 17 Jul 2018 - Sports Day
- 19 Jul 2018 - Reserve Sports Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 year ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 3 years ago