Summer term (1) Homework – Year 2
Homework will be posted on the blog every half term showing you the day it will be discussed with the children and the task.
Children are expected to read at home on a daily basis and practise their spellings from the spelling lists that have been provided.
Friday 20th April 2018
This week we have started to find out about Robert Scott. List three more facts you can find out about at home. Use non-fiction books and the internet to help you.
Maths challenge: Draw some shapes and split them into fractions. Remember to make sure each part is equal.
Friday 27th April 2018
In PE we have been looking at our short distance and long distance running skills. If the weather is nice find some time to go outside and practise these skills. Time yourself and see if your time improves each time you practise. Meet up with your friends and race against each other. Photos would be a good way to evidence this or record times in a table.
Maths challenge: Counting forwards and backwards in 3s.
Friday 4th May 2018
Choose a plant in your garden or near your house. Find out the name of the plant. Look carefully at its shape and colour. Then draw it in your book.
Maths challenge: Create a rhyme for the 3 times tables i.e. 1×3 is three and I’ve hurt my knee. 2×3 is 6, give the pancake batter a mix.
Friday 11th May 2018
Let’s explore one minute.
Complete these activities in one minute: How many times can you write your full name? How many pages of your book can you read? What number can you write up to? How far can you run?
Please bring the homework books back week beginning 14th May 2018.
About Miss Hind
Dates for your Diary
- No events to show
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 year ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 3 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 3 years ago