The Water Tower…
SHARING ASSEMBLY: Forest Class will be having their sharing assembly on Thursday 30th November.
BISCUIT SALE: All next week, the Year 5 children will be preparing and selling their biscuits on the playground after school. They have spent this half term developing their business skills and overcoming challenges to reach this milestone. Please show your support by coming and purchasing a biscuit or two.
“Should I stop? My heart pounded. Slowly and uncertainly, I turned…”
Year 5’s word of the week has been SUSPENSE.
We began the week by watching the book trailer for ‘The Water Tower’ by Gary Crew. After discussing what this story could be about, we read the first few pages to learn a little bit more. The children made predictions about how this unconventional story might end. Next week, some of their writing will be going on display. Why not come in during soft start and read some?
In maths, the children have been developing their problem solving skills through playing different games and completing different challenges.
Next week: Welcome to the Thor’sday Thursday Celebration and Final Initiation Test. Do you have what it takes to train a dragon? Will you be sent into exile?
About Mr Bushell
Dates for your Diary
- 17 May 2018 - SRE Information Meeting for Parents
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- 04 Jun 2018 - Inset Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 year ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago