Time flies when you’re having fun!
What a busy week we have had! In Maths this week we have been learning about time. We have sung the song ‘Days of the Week’ to help us order the days. We have been using rhymes such as ‘Here we go round the mulberry bush’ (adapted to ‘this is the way we brush our teeth’… etc.) to sequence events in the day and created a story map to log the actions of what we do. In literacy we have been independently writing books about our favourite things and writing words and captions for funny pictures. We have used ICT to take a picture of ourselves as an Emergency worker and imagined what we might say if we were doing so. We have noticed that the children need a push with recognising and reading digraphs and trigraphs in words so will focus more on this in the following weeks.
Digraphs: ch/chick, sh/sheep, th/thumb, ng/strong, qu/queen, ai/rain, ee/tree, ie/pie, oa/goat, oo/oo book/boot, ar/star, or/fork, ur/turnip, ow/cow, oi/boil, er/pepper
Trigraphs: igh/ light, ear/ hear, air/ hair, ure/ pure
Tricky words: I, no, the, to, go, into, he, she, we, me, be, you, are, her, was, all, they, my
About Miss Jackson
Dates for your Diary
- 17 Jul 2018 - Sports Day
- 19 Jul 2018 - Reserve Sports Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 year ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 3 years ago