Visitors and Stories
The children have been lucky enough to have two visitors in school this week.
On Monday the children were shown a presentation about food waste and got to take part in some food waste discussions. Some of the information shared by our visitor was surprising for both pupils and staff.
On Wednesday we had a visitor come to share Sikh artefacts with the children, as well as information about the Sikh religion. The children enjoyed exploring and discussing the artefacts.
In maths this week, we have continued to look at decimals, including a challenge involving money. In Literacy, the children have been using their descriptive skills to plan and write an engaging short story.
Homework was sent home today. For English, there is a short spelling task. In addition to this, we would like the children to learn any lines they have been given for our play. For maths, a ‘balloon pop’ challenge has been set on active learn.
The link to Active-learn is as follows: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0
About Miss Burke
Dates for your Diary
- 01 May 2017 - May Day Bank Holiday
- 29 May 2017 - Half Term
- 05 Jun 2017 - Inset Day
- 21 Jul 2017 - End of Term
- 24 Jul 2017 - Occasional Day - School Closed
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 8 months ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 10 months ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 1 year ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 1 year ago
- The school has submitted a planning application for a Multi Use Games area to increase outdoor learning and play... http://t.co/UyLPfdGfyG 2 years ago