Visitors and Stories
The children have been lucky enough to have two visitors in school this week.
On Monday the children were shown a presentation about food waste and got to take part in some food waste discussions. Some of the information shared by our visitor was surprising for both pupils and staff.
On Wednesday we had a visitor come to share Sikh artefacts with the children, as well as information about the Sikh religion. The children enjoyed exploring and discussing the artefacts.
In maths this week, we have continued to look at decimals, including a challenge involving money. In Literacy, the children have been using their descriptive skills to plan and write an engaging short story.
Homework was sent home today. For English, there is a short spelling task. In addition to this, we would like the children to learn any lines they have been given for our play. For maths, a ‘balloon pop’ challenge has been set on active learn.
The link to Active-learn is as follows: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0
About Miss Burke
Dates for your Diary
- 19 Dec 2017 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 03 Jan 2018 - Inset Day
- 04 Jan 2018 - Start of Spring Term
- 12 Feb 2018 - Half Term
- 29 Mar 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 16 Apr 2018 - Inset Day
- 17 Apr 2018 - Start of Summer Term
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 7 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 1 year ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 1 year ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago